I believe that a man who does not respect himself cannot expect to earn respect from others. While I seek first to live a life of which I am proud and that honors my family, I certainly do appreciate when others acknowledge the positive effects of my work.
It is my honor to be included in The National Trial Lawyers‘ list of the Top 100 Trial Lawyers in the State of Georgia.
This distinction represents the opinion of my peers — other trial lawyers in the state — and I certainly appreciate being recognized for my commitment to criminal defense.
To better understand my personal profile, I have listed my activities over the past several years:
- Undergraduate School – Georgia Southern University – BBA Marketing – 1997
- Law School – Walter F. George School of Law – Mercer University – J.D. – 2001
- Selection to the Business Advisory Council – National Republican Congressional Committee
- Millenium Honor Roll – National Rifle Association – 2000
- Hunting Advisory Committee – Georgia Outdoor News (GON)
- National College of DUI Defense
- West Georgia Trial Lawyer’s Association
- Atlanta Bar Association
- Georgia Court of Appeals
- Supreme Court of Georgia
- United States Court of Appeals for the 11th Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Georgia
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- The Federalist Society
- Georgia Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Lion’s Club International
- State Bar of Georgia – Criminal Law Section
- National Rifle Association (NRA)
Notable Appellate Cases
- In Re: ACRM – 311 Ga. App. 848 (Reversal of Conviction)
- Thomas v. State – 289 Ga. 877 (Reversal of Aggravated Assault Conviction)
- Dobbs v. State – 302 Ga. App. 628 (Reversal of Repeat Offender Sentence)
- Garrett v. State – 306 Ga. App. 420 (Reversal of Conviction)
- In Re: MA – (Reversal of Termination of Parental Rights)
- Newton v. State – (Reversal of Burglary Conviction)
I regularly speak to groups about criminal justice and political issues. Examples of these types of groups include civic organizations like Rotary, Kiwanis, and Optimist as well as academic institutions and advocacy groups.
Geographic Practice Area
While I have handled criminal cases throughout the state of Georgia, the main counties in which I practice include Carroll, Cobb, Coweta, Douglas, Fulton, Haralson, Heard, Meriwether, Paulding, Polk and Troup.